The one thing that I remember struggling with when I first started my photography business was blogging. So I came up with a list of 57 blogging topics for photographers in different niches to help those of you who are as stuck as I was.
It wasn’t so much the writing that I struggled with, although I wasn’t amazing at that either at the time, but it was actually coming up with blog post ideas that weren’t just sharing my latest shoot that I hated.
I never knew what to write about but I knew that I had to post something, especially in the slower seasons when I wasn’t shooting anything new.
You should use this blogging opportunity to help your clients plan for their session, or answer frequently asked questions in depth.
If you think about it from a different perspective, you can imagine yourself as a prospective client, clicking on the website of a photographer you wanted to book. What would you want to find out from that website beyond the usual pricing/about the photographer/gallery and how to contact them?
If you’re not sure, keep reading. I’ve got you covered.
57 blogging topics for photographers
- A guide to wedding venues in your area
- Your favourite getting ready/bridal prep photographs
- What you should look for in a wedding photographer
- How to nail the confetti shot (give some advice about amount of confetti needed etc.)
- Vendor highlight (do a blog post about a favourite florist, make-up artist, cake maker etc. and have them share it on their social media too)
- Your favourite dance floor reception photographs
- A day in the life of a wedding photographer
- Share a long testimonial with some images from the wedding
- Wedding planning tips from a photographers perspective
- How to use your engagement photos
- A guide to hanging your prints on the wall.
- Fun family session ideas
- What to wear to a family session
- Advice about timing the perfect light
- A guide to in-home sessions
- How to take care of your prints
- A guide to backing up images and keeping digital photos safe
- How to get your kids to not hate having their portraits taken
- A list of your favourite locations for family sessions
- Your favourite silly poses and prompts
- Why it’s important to have professional photographs of your business/brand
- A guide to commercial photography licensing
- A day in the life of a personal brand photographer
- A look inside your gear bag
- Styling ideas for your personal brand photography session
- Your favourite locations for personal brand photography
- Instagram feed ideas
- Different ways you can use your personal brand photography
- Make-up and styling ideas for your branding photography
- Posing guide
- Tips for posing newborns
- A guide for parents on getting baby ready for a newborn session
- Lighting setups for newborn photography
- Newborn photography props
- Cute baby announcement ideas
- How to involve siblings into newborn photos
- Why Mum and Dad should be in newborn photos
- How many days old baby should be for perfect newborn photos
- How to take newborn photos safely
- A closer look at how you edit a newborn photo
- What to wear for your boudoir session
- A guide to flattering poses
- How to get over nerves before a boudoir photo session
- Best locations for unique boudoir sessions
- Why you should have professional make-up for your boudoir session
- To fake tan or not to tan?
- Pampering ideas to prepare for your boudoir session
- Couples boudoir session ideas
- Favourite places to get lingerie online
- What to do with the images from your session.
EXTRA GENERAL BLOG POST IDEAS FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
- Round up of your favourite photos of the year
- A then and now comparison post of how your photography has improved since you started
- Your photography story. How you got into photography and how you set up your own business.
- A guide to all of your photography products such as prints, books, canvases etc.
- Testimonial from a client including some of the photos from their session.
- Post about any personal projects you’re doing.
- Share some photography you’ve taken of local places so that you rank on search engines for local areas.
I hope you enjoyed these blogging topics for photographers. If you know someone that might find this post useful, then please share!